Monday, July 28, 2008

My first friend in Salem remembered

Today we remember Murphy Watson.  Murphy was the first dog I met in Salem.  Murphy's parents, Marla and Jeff, are great friends with my mom...and in fact, it was Marla who suggested that my mom get a dog from the Guide Dogs and encouraged her to get ME when the Guide Dogs called her (she was thinking about waiting after the Session that year).

I arrived home with my mom on Saturday night, and the next day, on Sunday, the Watsons called and wanted to meet me, so we went over to the West Salem Riverfront.  I met this beautiful yellow lab, spirited and ready to show me how to swim in the river!  They had presents for me -- a rug for the car that I still use to this day and other goodies, plus lots of good advice.   Murphy was so kind to me, and we had fun playing.

So, our hearts with lots of prayers go out to the Watsons.  We are thinking of you.   And Murphy...I know you are in the that great place where there are biscuits all day long and lakes to swim in.

One request, please, Murphy....start stockpiling some biscuits for me when I arrive to see you!

We will miss you, dear friend.. you will always be in our thoughts.


No comments: