Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The KKB

KKB
Yes, those are my initials...Kennedy Kirby Buck.  I want to spend some time and let you know of my FIRST FAMILY, the Kirbys.  They were -- and still are -- wonderful to me.  As most of you know, I aspired to become a guide dog for the blind at an early age.  Megan Kirby, along with her mom, Linda, had me as their 4-H project.  Megan was my trainer, teacher, and best friend.  They taught me well.  Mike, the father, use to rub my ears at night and Adam, the son and brother, taught me to RUN..yes,  I did run in those early years.  

Soon, when I learn to scan, I will post some pictures of me from my early days!  What a stud I was.  I even came to Salem a few times in those early days, not ever realizing I would end up here!  

Mostly, I want to give kudos to my First Family...for raising me to be such a GREAT companion. A few years ago, I was able to spend a few nights with the Kirbys -- so many great remembrances...and they even come down to Salem and visit me.  So, thank you Kirbys!!  I think of you often and my mom and I talk about you all the time on our daily walks.

No comments: