Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorable Memorial Day

We had a bit of a scare on Memorial Day.  After walking around Independence for about an hour, I decided to take a "quickdip" in the River over at Independence Park.  I was barely in the water, by the dock, when all of a sudden, I got caught by the current and was swept way out into the river!

There I was, almost in the middle, my little black head just peeping above the water.  I knew to ride it out...up ahead was a place I thought I can wrangle my way out of the current.  I looked "to shore" and saw my mom "yelling" to people who were docked, but still on the boat.  They said they were prepared to come out and help me.  

All of a sudden, I got out of the current. Now I had to swim to shore, which was pretty far for an old guy like me.  Mom was on the sidelines, yelling "you can do it Kennedy"over and over and over...which spurred me on.  Finally I made it to shore.  Whew!    

So...we went to McDonald's and got an ice cream cone to celebrate!  

Thanks to those nice people in the boat who waited until I got to shore and were willing to help me!  

No comments: