Thursday, June 19, 2008

Kennedy State Park

I have been walking through this park outside the front of the Capitol for seven years now.  Daily. (not counting Sat or Sun).  All of a sudden, "they" named the Park:  State Capitol State Park.  Now, isn't that a redundant name for a park????

About a month ago, I saw them put the sign up...and they were laying the concrete for it....I was right there, ready to put my paw print it, when Bruce the State Gardener stopped me.   What a memorial that would have been.  I should have known a ceremony was in the near future...but failed to check the calendar.  A few days later, I saw my friend Sen. Rick and his aide leaving the park...they had just dedicated the park as State Capitol State Park!  I was 3 minutes late from running in and saying "no,no...it is Kennedy State Park" .

As we continue to walk through the "redundant" park every day, we come up with ideas on how to rename this park.  I will take a picture of the current sign.  There is space for "Kennedy", e.g. State Capitol Kennedy State Park...that would break it up a bit.   More on this later.   

No comments: