Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Tit for Tat

Our daily "walk around town", also known as "the cookie walk" -- to distinquish between the morning walk with Charlie and the dog park walk with Solomon -- is one of my highlights of the day.  More on the details later, as I will elaborate on the people I meet and greet and funny observations along the way, plus some of my favorite stopping places.

Today, while crossing the street, I see the bank.  They give me cookies (a dog biscuit)...so I start heading to the bank.  Mom pulls me on the leash and says, "No Kennedy, we have no money for the bank today and so we cannot go into the bank today."  Now, I could care less about this "money" thing (I really do not understand it)..I just want to see the bank crew and moreover "get the biscuit".  I tug the other way..."No, Kennedy...we cannot go in".  A man on the street stops my mom, and says..."go in, they don't care".   Mom is adamant..and we continue our walk.

Now we are at Willamette University, and mom sees the little store and says, "Kennedy, we are going to the little store because I need some candy".  Now, I don't eat candy.  She wants her spice drops.  Well, she did not stop at the bank for my biscuit...so....I pull her the other way, not going down the steps to the store, and head right for the creek.  No biscuit, no candy.  

So we both learned today...."tit for tat".  Tomorrow, we will probably stop at both the bank and the candy store!!!  

No comments: