Monday, September 15, 2008

First Family visits!

My first family came to Salem and visited me Saturday!!  It was so much fun to see them.  We are going to go to the reunion together in October.  

We reminisced about "old times" and they said when Guide Dogs called them and I had been "rejected" due to allergies, they said they could not take me, since at that time they were training Zorba.  They really wanted me back, but could not.  Guide Dogs said... "well, Kennedy will be hard to place, since he is a big black male dog".   Well, lo and behold...two weeks past and there was my mom's application, asking for a BIG BLACK MALE!  We were made for each other!

They also said their other "puppy trainees" all received a "golden parachute" when the program was complete & they were adopted...but that I got the "platinum parachute" -- meaning that I got extremely lucky with my home and family -- and that includes all my grandparents, uncles, aunts and cousins!!

No comments: