Tuesday, January 13, 2009

January 16th - a great day

We soon will be approaching January 16, a "holy" day in the Buck family.  We remember this day as St. Shotsie's Birthday and Brother Berard's feastday.  

And we need to add another event to this day, as my mom just remembered that this is the day the Guide Dogs for the Blind called her and said they had a dog for her to meet -- named Kennedy!!   Yes, this is the day when I learned I had someone coming in to probably take me to their family.  

So when Janet learned she was having her surgery this day... we said it was a good sign!  

I am progressing as well as can be with my kidney failure.  Am on a strict diet and now weight 95 lbs and have more energy.  I am eating all the right foods.  There has been times when I have not liked the food, much to my mom's anxiety, but we are working it out.  Been stressful for BOTH of us!!  So thanks for all your concerns and prayers.  I do catch my mom eating in strange places...like the garage and the bathtub...but she is trying to be nice and not eat all that good food in front of me!!  

1 comment:

the uffelmans said...

Kennedy! We hope you take good care of yourself!