Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Thanks family and friends..I had the time of my life!

Thank you, Family and Friends, for making my life so special and so much fun. What fond memories. I apprciate all of you for putting up with me, especially the last year, when I had an "odor" that most of you detected, (but not my mom)!

Special thanks also go to my first family, the Kirbys, I was so lucky to stay in touch with them; my Auntie A who I loved visiting all the time and walking with Charlie, Garfield School employees who always asked how I was doing -- and Debbie who gave me treats 2x a day; Everyone at Minto Brown Park, who knew my name (though perhaps I did not know their name); Debbie (who had Smokey and now Bearon) who has become a great friend from Minto, Terri and Solomon, Susan and her labs; the list can go on and on there.

Thank you also, Salem, Oregon -- everyone downtown knew me and we would wave every day to the shopkeepers and groups meeting for coffee...Special thanks to Mary Lou Zeek Gallery for her daily treats and water bowl, (messing up her floor alot!) the guys at Shyrocks, Magoos for letting me be "a guide dog" several times inside the tavern; all of my Capitol friends and Marla & Jeff & Murphy - the first dog I met in Salem; the staff at Great Harvest who baked the wonderful Snickerdoodles for me everyday and asked about me...the staff at the Nordstrom counter in downtown Portland who fed me "pink cookies" and always knew my name, though it might have been months since I was there.

And speaking of "pink cookies"...my Auntie Kelly came and brought me two my final day and I gobbled those up so fast...my last meal. Thank you Auntie Kelly, for thinking of this and staying with my mom for 4 hours that day!! And to Auntie Debbi for bringing the chimes that night...I was so blessed to have such a "peaceful" sendoff....and all the flowers afterwards.

I know I have missed some...and will add more...but what a life! I will continue to write about
Jack...since he is too little to write..and frankly, he just is not that into it right now..he is having too much fun playing ball, and swimming and diving, and taking mom out on long walks and playing tug.

I had the best life...I had the time of my life!





No comments: