Friday, December 26, 2008

Winter and Christmas

Merry Christmas to all...and a good night to Mister Snow!  

While we seem to have been holed up at home this past week, we were able to venture out for a few fun outings.

There were a few days of going nowhere...except up to the road to check the ice conditions (which seemed like SHE was doing that about every 2 hours!)...we lost electricity for 24 hours or so which seemed awful, as ice and branches fell.   Mom then decided to make a run for it into Salem. She packed up all my food and gear and tried to load me into the car.  I did not want to go.. I knew it was worst out there further into Salem.  Finally, she pushed me into the car and there was no stopping her.  We made it past some down trees and River Road was closed at Halls Ferry ...well, I tried to tell her!   She was complimentary towards me, and says from now on she will trust me and MY instincts!!!   

No comments: